Sunday, April 28, 2013

Homemaker Tips and DIY

For most of this afternoon, I surfed the internet for cool homemaking and DIY tips.  There are so many great ideas out there!  You can find a homemade recipe for pretty much anything you need.  Some of my favorite blogs and sites are:
DIY: Home Sweet Home
Carolina Charm
I Heart Organizing
Here are the two I tried today:

DIY Salt Scrub (found through a link on Carolina Charm's Blog)

5 Tablespoons of Sea Salt
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
Juice of 1 lemon

Mix Sea Salt and Olive Oil together first (this way lemon juice isn't just soaked up into salt).  Then mix in lemon juice.  Voila!
I tried it out this afternoon... works and smells great!


DIY Linen Spray (another one from Carolina Charm's Blog)

1/2 teaspoon of your favorite scented oil (she suggests lavender, I used "love" from a hippie store)
1 oz vodka or rubbing alcohol
2 cups distilled water (I used tap water and it was fine)

Combine in a spray bottle and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment