Saturday, July 30, 2011

Date Night

Lately I've been really bored.  Other than trying to find a job, I don't have much going on.  Our renovations are done for the time being and the rest of our unpacking can't be done unless Marcus finishes unpacking some of his office/computer stuff.  If you follow my facebook, you know that I even posted that I thought married-life had been really boring of late.  Marcus worked ten hour shifts the past three days and my days at home were filled with cop shows and detective series.  Good times...

However, tonight Marcus took me on a date to Veritas, a wine and tapas bar in Olde Town Augusta.  It was absolutely delicious, and I would recommend it to anyone with a taste for wine and an adventurous palette.  We each started with a glass of white wine.  I had pinot gris and Marcus chose a chardonnay.  We had scallops, ostrich carpaccio, frog legs, and baked brie with strawberries and rhubarb confit for our tapas.  Then, because you all know I live for dessert, we got the sampler that included four-bite tastes of cheesecake, chocolate ganache, caramel pecan pie, fresh mango and berries, and a beautifully smooth french vanilla creme brulee.  I cannot put into words how wonderful our meal was and the customer service was amazing.  Our server, Zelda, really knew her stuff!  We can't wait to go back and try some of the other interesting dishes and their most popular dessert, Chocolate Chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment