Sunday, April 28, 2013

Are we still considered "newlyweds" if we've been married for two and a half years?

I don't know, but I feel like it's more a state of mind and less an amount of time...  Speaking of state of mind, here's how I see our marriage:

  • We've got our issues, like any couple, but with open communication we will get through anything.
  • Although it drives me nuts sometimes, we spend a lot of time alone.  I cook, work on school stuff (teach elementary school), and surf the internet.  He reads, studies, and plays video games.
  • We also spend time together.  My husband and I like the same kinds of shows so we have a set time together almost everyday... a lot of times we end up eating dinner in front of the TV though (bad habit!!!).
  • My parents will be celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks.  I am so proud of them!  Congratulations Momma and Daddy!!!  We have learned so much from them.  Mostly what TO do but honestly also some things NOT to do.  The key is, some things that work for other couples (even your parents) may not necessarily work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment