Saturday, May 4, 2013

Yummy new candles make my world go round ;)

Just got this new candle and lit it for the first time... it smells uh-mazing!  I highly recommend it for summer:

Yankee Candle Co.  Black Coconut


I bought this candle to jumpstart my new cleaning schedule.  I may not have mentioned it before, but I really don't like to clean because I prefer relaxing to pretty much anything else (some might call this lazy).

After lots of arguments with my perfectionist/OCD husband and honestly some soul-searching, I made the decision that some type of schedule needed to be created in order for me to get on top of the cleaning and organization needed in our home.  So... I did some blog surfing and found some really good checklists and schedules.  Here are some of the ones I hope will be really helpful:


This one is labeled as a "Spring Cleaning List" but I probably won't get down and dirty with this deep of a clean until school's out.  So for me, it's more of a "Summer Cleaning List".  I really like home it's broken down into different sections, but it still seems a little overwhelming.

This one is labeled as a "Weekly Cleaning Schedule".  I like it so much that it's already printed and posted on  the refrigerator.  After my deeper clean is done today, I'll be trying this as a strategy for keeping on top of it all.  But to be more realistic... when I get home from work, I'm tired!  So the stuff to the right will more than likely still get done on the weekend.  

This is a speed cleaning schedule and it's the one I'll be trying out today.  I promise I'll post about how it goes.  It's from the FLY Lady (FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself... following her schedule is supposed to give you more time with the family and her theory is sort of "clean house, clean mind, clean life."

So, like the document says... it's time for me to get off the computer and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment