Thursday, June 2, 2011

Yarns A Plenty

Let me start off by saying that Rachel (my wonderful sister) and I successfully removed the wallpaper from the bathrooms and kitchen.  Marcus used all of his strength and brains to figure out how to remove the vanities... we still think they must have been glued to the wall, or welded.  And we all worked our tails off for two straight days over Memorial Day weekend.  The awesome thing is that we had AIR CONDITIONING!!! :)


And to preface the real point of this post, Marcus' grandmother used to knit and crochet A LOT.  I mean, over the course of the past six months, we've found so much yarn and crocheted blankets.  We've even found unfinished blankets, squares meant to be quilted together, you name it.  But I really had no idea what was in store for us.  Marcus told me that there was a closet of yarn in the garage.  Not just a small closet... It is a large utility closet with shelves of yarn from floor to ceiling.  Then we happened upon ANOTHER closet in the den.  Guess what was in it.  YARN!  Shelves of yarn organized by color from floor to ceiling.  So... we had to formulate a plan for the yarn.  My dear husband did a little research and found out that many people (not us) still find uses for yarn of all colors, materials, and textures.  Evidently, these people buy their yarn on ebay for up to $5.00 a skein.  I was flabbergasted.  Really?  Five bucks for some yarn?  But just because knitting and crocheting isn't for me doesn't  mean it's not for everyone.


Long story short... we decided to attack the smaller den closet first.  Four hours later... we had categorized 996 skeins of yarn by color and material.  That's over 3 refrigerator sized boxes full of yarn! I still can't believe it.  And we still have another closet full of yarn to go through.  That closet is twice as big!  Needless to say, we've got enough yarn to sell on ebay for at least a few years.  Amazing...


Pictures added 6/22/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment